Thursday 28 August 2014

I Spy With My Little Eye ... Something Quilty!

If you've read the little blurb about me (just look to the right ->), you know that I watch far too many TV series. As in "I could probably do more productive stuff (e.g. sewing :-P) several hours a day" too much! Luckily, I'm a multi-tasker, so I usually watch TV, check my mails, cook and bake (and eat), write this blog and sew. All at the same time.

So while watching one of the countless series, I suddenly had what I call a "brain blitz": Why not combine these two passions of mine?

So just before the fall series start again, I came up with a challenge:

 

Find all quilty items in your favourite series!



Here are a few examples of quilts in TV that I have already collected:

This Melissa McCall's bed quilt as shown in Teen Wolf.

MTV's Teen Wolf, season 3 episode 7
I'm fairly certain that this is not actually a handmade quilt, but bought. Though it would be easy enough to recreate with triangles in different beige/tan and pink fabrics.


 
 
This one is from a fairly old series. Do you remember Fran Fine, the nanny with the very uhm...unique voice?
 
 
The Nanny, season 5, episode 17
In one episode she stripped her senile grandma to give her clothes to rapper Coolio (yeah, those were the times! Does he even exist anymore?).

It's a beautiful sampler quilt in light greys and pinks with a cream background.



I'd much rather be wrapped in this quilt than Coolio's "cool" rapper ski jacket!




The third one I found in a new series (that will be lucky to see its second season, it's just too cliché! Honestly, why can't they come up with at least a somewhat new idea?!) called Young and Hungry.
 

Young and Hungry, season 1, episode 5
It's a very scrappy quilt laying on the two girls' couch. As far as I can tell, it is not actually quilted, but tied with yellow thread, if I'm seeing correctly.

If you want to see this quilt in action, watch the last minute of the season finale!
 
 Soooo...have you spotted any quilts in your favourite series?
 
I for one will most certainly be watching TV with quilter's hawk eyes this coming season. I'll keep you up to date, no worries there!
 
All the best,
Cat
 
 
 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment